Aight, with so many changes that have happened/ are about to happen in my life, I was curious about how that was affecting my personality. ...

Same same but different.

/
0 Comments
Aight, with so many changes that have happened/ are about to happen in my life, I was curious about how that was affecting my personality.

Between 2014 and 2015, I have been doing personality tests as a way of procrastinating every few months, and I have always been a consistent INFP with a:

strong preference for Introversion over Extraversion;
slight preference for Intuition over Sensing;
moderate preference for Feeling over Thinking; and
slight preference for Perceiving over Judging.

I have always strongly identified as an introvert while longing to be a ambivert, because, well, I'm also unfortunately pretty darn shy and it sucks. But, hey! Guess who's an ambivert now?! ME. :'D Well, according to this anyway. I'm actually pretty chuffed about it heh heh :P Finally, some proof that I'm starting to become the kind of person I want to be!



Reflecting on my three years in poly, I regret having been too shy to participate in camps and other activities. I could've have done so much in my time here, but ah well! Instead of moping about could have beens, I'm going to set my mind on doing so much more now. I can't let myself settle for mediocrity in the things I do anymore. Because, I only live once and I'm going to try my best to make it count. Same Kate, different mindset.

I'm nervous and excited and scared because I'm going to just thrust myself into this whole new world of legit giving my best and learn to deal with failure along the way, but heck, I wanna be able to tell my kids and grandkids cool stories in the future.



Another same-same-but-different-esque thing I've been going through is how I feel about Jeremy. I mean, there hasn't been a day that I don't think about him even a little bit but I'm just not sad anymore. I still love him and catch myself missing him pretty often, but I'm just super chill about it now. I guess it's because this time I'm really no longer in love with him (for real).

It's a really bittersweet feeling, falling out of love with someone after longing for them for almost a quarter of your life.

Like, what do I do with all of this free space in my heart and mind now?? I don't know what to fill this... void with, but I feel like I need to fill it with something. Otherwise, it's like I haven't completely gotten over him since there's still such a huge possibility of me falling in love with him again.

It's like I'm standing on the edge of a cliff. It's safe for now but, if I don't walk away from it soon, who knows when the next gust of wind may come and just sweep me off my feet? I don't know if that made much sense to you, but I hope it did.



Anyhow, whatever comes, I believe that these changes will only be for the best.

After all, God has always proved himself to be so incredibly faithful in my life, even through all my doubts. :)



"Won't fall, won't fall, won't fall as long as you're around me."



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.