Sigh, down with some kind of flu bug. Woke up yesterday with a sore throat and a fever started creeping up on me as the day progressed. And ...

I don't know anymore.

/
0 Comments
Sigh, down with some kind of flu bug. Woke up yesterday with a sore throat and a fever started creeping up on me as the day progressed. And then my nose just started leaking. And I feel like shit. Probably shouldn't have gone at the CNY goodies so intensely lol.

Anyway, had a little chat with my lecturer yesterday about how I'm thinking of going to JCU after graduation. She was.. pretty against it. Maybe JCU isn't that established after all. Maybe 2 years really is too short for a Psychology degree. What would I know? :(

So I'm now seriously considering if I should just take a year off school and work in some social service sector to gain some working experience first before making such a big decision. Ok, it's not that big of a deal if you think of how I could always just switch to another field if I wanted to. I mean, I'm still considerably young and I have time on my side. It's just how much that would cost though. Maybe I could even work for a few years, achieve some kind of recognition, and establish some connections with people within the field before I take the degree.

Sigh. It's so tempting to just start blaming myself for not trying hard enough in school but that's not going to make anything better. From past experiences, doing so will only make me even more unproductive because I'm too busy moping around to do anything useful. Instead, I'm going to focus on what I can do now because I am not going to let myself develop tunnel vision and be like "omg my life has no direction anymore I will never be able to achieve my dreams and I ruined it singlehandedly before my 20th birthday how wonderful" because it's not true. I can still make do with what I've got: time, a sound mind, and a (relatively) healthy body.

Not to mention, God has always always made beautiful things come out of the worst situations. So, I have faith that everything will turn out just as God has intended in the end. I just need to be patient and trust Him. Because when I said that I believe in Him and that I would surrender my life to Him, I meant it. Because He said that He'll never leave nor forsake me, and He has always been true to His word - even when I was doubtful or when I blamed Him for all the bad things that have happened. I don't know a lot of things, but this much I do. :)

"You can only see one piece of the puzzle, but God can see the entire picture. Don’t lose hope in times of suffering." - Anonymous


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.