A lot happened while this blog remained un-updated for a day. Yesterday, I finally finally finally met up with the clique! It's so dif...

Woah.

/
0 Comments
A lot happened while this blog remained un-updated for a day.

Yesterday, I finally finally finally met up with the clique! It's so difficult for all 8 of us to meet because our schedules clash or exams/ submission deadlines are nearing for some of us. So, yeah, it's pretty dang amazing that we finally got to meet at Van's band concert!

Wanted to wake up at 5am to finish as much as I could for the research assignment but I just slept through the three alarms like a log sigh. I ended up waking up at 7am and just tried my best with what little time I had before I had to leave home. Note to anyone doing research for the first time: Do NOT attempt to kill yourself by conducting both qualitative AND quantitative research. Just put it in your limitations that you "should have conducted the research with both data collection methods so as to ensure that the findings are accurate" - or something like that. Don't let your first time traumatise you. 

Met up with everyone (except for Van because she's preparing for the performance) at 6pm and then we had dinner together. And Tan Tan told us the most exciting news omg!!!!!!!!!! SW finally asked her out officially after 1.5 years of them liking each other. My friends are growing up so fast it's almost unreal. I'm so ridiculously happy for her ahhhhhhh~ :'D

I enjoyed the performance but I was a little bit distracted by the couple in front of me. I swear, every time I go for a performance in a concert hall, I end up sitting right behind a couple. Not just like the usual cute hand-holding, head-on-shoulder kind of couples. Those just sit there and actually seem to be focused on what's happening in front of them. No, when I sit behind couples, they are always the MEGA cute play-fighting, sneaky-kissing couples. Always. I'm not uncomfortable with PDA, but I kind of paid money for the performance on stage but I'm getting distracted by another kind of show??? I wish they'd just gotten a seat at the back. I mean, I think it's really cute and all, but it's not like you're really there for the performance you paid for.

Van said she messed up at one point, but I didn't notice. Probably because I was distracted by the couple.

Ah well!

When the concert ended, we went outside to wait for Van so we could take a picture together. QM ended up taking a lot of pictures of Grace and I while waiting because we were acting like weirdos. Ok, fine, it's just me. I was the weirdo. She just happened to be the nearest target on my weird radar.

Trying hard to look like tryhards lol.

"3, 2, 1... Laugh!"

*Runs into the mist fountain because it looks cool*

*Runs out because apparently mist fountains can get you really wet*

CUAD (Curl Up And Die)

After we waited for almost an hour, Van calls us to tell us she's already at the loading bay. We got a little high as we rushed to look for the loading bay and we were speaking in HK and Malaysian accents just because. Random point to note, but I think my Chinese speaking ability has improved tremendously after I'd been attached to the most recent centre. They spoke so much Chinese. Even the Malay and Indian teachers could speak and understand Chinese. I've never felt more embarrassed about the level of my Chinese speaking proficiency.

Anyway, we managed to get to Van and took a few photos together. I'm so amazed at how she can commit herself so fully to band. So proud of how far she's come too! ^^

8 years of friendship?! :')

After this picture, we were serenading Van with Bukit View's school song as Bukitbellas. She was so tired she couldn't even laugh haha but I could tell she missed us too! :P Then, QM and Grace were bootsandcats-ing as we walked to MRT. They're super funny and cute ahahahaha gotta love 'em.

So, yeah, my January ended on a pretty great note! dat pun tho



Then came today.

Remember that assignment I mentioned earlier? Well, it wasn't even close to being completed when I woke up at 7am today. :')

It was due to be submitted in school at 5pm but at 4pm, I was still home trying to complete it. Well, guess what? I didn't! But I wasn't going to miss the submission deadline and get 5% of whatever marks I might have taken away from me! So, I decided I was going to cab to school and only left home at around 4.40pm. Keep in mind that it usually takes 15mins for me to get to school by car and I still had to print my assignment in school because I am, unfortunately, a peasant and do not own a printer.

Also, unfortunately, an accident happened along the PIE (or was it the KJE?? I actually have no idea what all these acronyms stand for lol) so there was a major traffic jam. According to the cab driver anyway. So, he recommended that we take another route and I just said ok because what else was there to do? At this point, I was praying so hard to reach school in time for me to print and submit the assignment that I'd make a nun proud. I remember not feeling much, or any, panic. Like, I just went "God, sorry I messed up again. I can't handle or fix this on my own. I'm leaving it to you. Whatever happens, I'll trust that you'll make it good like you always do."

You know what happened? I reached school in less than 15 minutes. I was just a bunch of exclamation marks on the inside. Like, !!!!!!!!! in a good way. Then, I wanted to top-up my ez-link card so that I wouldn't have to pay so much money for the printing (there were 70 pages), but the AXS machine decided that my card was not cool enough to read. So, I just went back to the "okay God I'm not going to freak out I'm going to just trust you and see where all of this leads to" kind of mindset and headed for the printing station in the library.

Had some trouble with my assignment and couldn't find the link to the responses for the survey and everything was just really quite sian but I was surprisingly chill and undisturbed by how shitty my day seemed to be going. Anyway, I managed to get my assignment printed and actually had just enough money in my ez-link to print it. There are not enough words to describe the awe. Like, this happening on it's own would already be pretty amazing. But, coupled with what happened on my journey to school, the amount of good things happening on this seemingly shitty day was just !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I managed to get my assignment printed, it was already 5.50pm. What's worse is that apparently the HMS office closes at 5.30pm. So, I just walked real fast and tried to get there before everyone leaves. Everything was going as fine as it could be for a shitty day until my memory decided to fail me the moment I reached the lift lobby. I forgot which level the HMS office was at. I checked level directory (?) and it said that the HMS office was at level 6. So, I took the lift up, got out, and nope that's not it. Ah well. I took the stairs down instead so I could go out and check each level. It was on level 4. And the lights were on. AND THERE WERE STUDENTS INSIDE.

By this time, it was already after 6pm, so this was like a miracle to me. I got to the door, grabbed that glorious silver handle, and realised that the door was locked. T_T The students inside gestured for me to slip my assignment under the door but, well, it's 48 pieces of paper. That's not ever going to fit. 

Then, one of them got up and sneakily unlocked the door for me and the relief I felt was just.. woah. I was worried that all the assignments may have already been collected by the lecturer and I'd get a 5% deduction anyway, but when I slipped that assignment in, I could feel it touch the top of another assignment and my shitty day just completely unshittified. 

My walk to the bus stop was just one of the most beautiful feelings I'd ever experienced. :'D

I was so pumped about how God brought everything together so nicely that I decided I had to walk out all the exclamation marks inside me. So, I just took an hour long walk to Westmall from school! I really enjoyed it. Reflective walks are always nice when I'm not overthinking and making myself sad. ^^

Also, I saw all my favourite breed of dogs?!?!?!! I might just start walking home like that all the time just for the dogs. First, a golden retriever walked right by me and my heart was just SO HAPPYYYY. :D Then, it was a really majestic husky with the bluest eyes I've ever seen. *insert heart eyes emoji* THEN, I saw a black labrador from across the street. And I just !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGGGG. SO MANY PUPPERS! 

I don't why I thought it was so important to blog about this but it just is ok. Let me live. 

Huh, my happiness threshold is actually pretty dang low. Like, the littlest things have the ability to make my day haha.

Anyway, I took the MRT home from Bukit Batok and, when I got down the escalator, there was a row of people (presumably from the RC?) giving out bags of oranges and I got one. I don't really know why I found it so amusing, but it was like the cherry on top of this incredible day.

But, no, that's not even the end of all the good things suddenly happening to me.

So, I got home and was just sitting in the dark, revelling in how this day had turned out and texting Holly, when this happened?!




She's so beautiful on the outside but even all that pales in comparison with how amazing she is on the inside?!
Ahhhh I struck the friendship jackpot with this one HAHA

I really cannot help but be blown away by how good God is. :')



"Oh, it's love so undeniable
I, I can hardly speak
Peace so unexplainable
I, I can hardly think"


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.